Disability Employment Consultant
|Job Title:||Disability Employment Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Ruth Haren|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2020 16:15|
- Part time and full time opportunities.
- Located include Christies Beach
- Rewarding role, providing great workload diversity and professional growth.
About the company:
This organisation is a reputable and progressive provider of injury prevention, employment and injury management services to government and corporate organisations.
Their success is built on their multidisciplinary team, made of Allied Health experts and career practitioners, delivering complete (in-house) tailored services incorporating a Biopsychosocial approach.
About the role:
Due to continual growth, multiple needs have arisen for Employment Consultants to join their team. There are full time and part time opportunities available in locations across Adelaide.
You will be required to provide advocacy, coaching and Job Seeking programs to clients as they seek employment. Your focus will be to manage a caseload of Job Seekers with a disability, injury or health conditions, by providing tailored and comprehensive job services, with the end goal of obtaining meaningful and sustainable employment.
- Provide tailored support and facilitate client development to overcome their barriers to employment
- Provide practical interview coaching, application support and job seeking support
- Build relationships with potential employers
- Negotiate employment opportunities on behalf of participants, by utilising wage subsidies and other available initiatives
- Provide Post Placement Support to employers and participants linking them to intervention services, Allied Health providers etc
Skills & experience:
The successful candidates will be highly organised, with a high level of interpersonal skills. Self driven, with a positive disposition and can do attitude, you will ideally have some experience in sales and relationship management. Your background might include some experience in retail, telemarketing, hospitality and customer service. Employment services experience, particularly in the disability sector, is highly desirable. Due to the nature of the work, compassion, patience and great communication skills will be paramount. A willingness to undertake a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Disability Services Employment Check is essential.
Culture & benefits:
You will be part of a supportive and structured mentor driven induction program, for the delivery of their multidisciplinary best practice employment service model. Being an Employment Consultant is a rewarding role as you place people into meaningful employment. A warm, inclusive family environment, where you are supported and your work is recognised awaits.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be addressed to Ruth Haren by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's