WHS & Quality Officer for NFP
|Job Title:||WHS & Quality Officer for NFP|
|Contact Name:||Penelope Debrowski|
|Job Published:||December 02, 2020 15:33|
- 6 Month Contract.
- Contributing to a valued NFP.
- Autonomous role that can lead and influence.
About the company:
This not for profit company is currently seeking a highly motivated and organised WHS & Quality Officer to join their successful team. It highly values their people and skills and provides a staff-oriented, supportive environment.
About the role:
Reporting to the People, Culture & Safety Manager and working collaboratively with all staff and volunteers, the WHS & Quality Coordinator will contribute to the fulfilment of workplace health and safety and quality responsibilities and ensure legislative requirements are met. Supervising the investigations of accidents, unsafe working conditions, you will accurately record data and reports. You will be responsible for facilitating and delivering WHS training programs to staff and volunteers and ensure safe work practice is adhered to.
- Ensuring hazards and unsafe workplace conditions and work practices have been identified, reported and are being acted on and analysing statistics and recommending strategies to mitigate future safety incidents
- Participating in regular WHS committee meetings and ensuring meetings address any areas of concern
- Facilitating and delivering WHS training sessions to ensure staff and volunteers undertake their roles safely and running inductions sessions
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with WHS policies, legislative requirements, codes, regulations, practices, and procedures
- Assisting with the development, review and implementation of Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and WHS procedures in consultation with department managers
- Conducting site specific WHS audit inspections at all sites
- Reviewing and updating material safety data sheets (MSDS) and registers for all substances and chemicals used at the organisation
- Reviewing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for roles and tasks
- Monitoring expenditure on WHS items and in liaison with the People, Culture & Safety Manager, recommending items for budgetary consideration
- Providing Rehabilitation and Return to Work (RRTW) support to injured workers when necessary
Skills & experience:
You will have experience in developing and coordinating WHS and Quality Management Initiatives and qualifications in either area. You will be committed to process improvement and have experience in interpreting, providing guidance and assisting with the application of WHS legislation. With an ability to set priorities, plan workload and meet deadlines, you will be reliable and able to work autonomously and equally effective at positively leading and influencing others. Flexible in approach, you will display high level of professionalism and possess excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Culture and Benefits:
This is an ideal opportunity to further develop your WHS career within a not for profit culture.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Penelope Debrowski
Quoting reference number JO-2012-3920
Telephone enquiries are welcome on 8100 8876.
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's