- Respected global research university - PT or FT role.
- Dynamic small team environment with inclusive culture.
- Convenient CBD location close to public transport.
About the company:
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university and stands among the world's most renowned educational institutions. Established in 1900 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon has been a birthplace of innovation and is a global leader in bringing ground-breaking ideas to market and creating successful start-up businesses.
At the invitation of the South Australian Government, Carnegie Mellon University opened its campus in Adelaide in 2006. It was the first international university to establish in Australia. Carnegie Mellon's Adelaide campus is home to students from over 20 countries, creating wide-reaching networks of contemporaries, global experts and alumni.
The University is currently seeking a dynamic Communications Specialist to join their high performing, fast-paced team on either a part-time or full-time basis.
About the role:
Reporting to the Deputy Head, the Communications Specialist will proactively manage and execute innovative communication and engagement strategies to raise brand awareness and overall visibility of CMU-A, both locally and internationally. The ideal candidate will use creativity, cross-cultural sensitivity and adaptability to gather information from a diverse range of stakeholders, including but not limited to faculty, staff, students, alumni and external partners, and develop compelling communications material for various marketing campaigns. With a focus on both internal and external engagement, duties will include:
- Writing current and innovative content for all marketing mediums including social media, website and digital marketing material
- Writing media releases to pitch to media both locally, interstate and internationally
- Developing positive media relationships in order to ensure success of media activity
- Attending and representing the organisation at events
- Assisting with organisation of events in regards to speakers and content
- Evolving brand awareness in the market by ensuring the brand is delivered in an innovative and dynamic way through the communication of best practice initiatives
- Supporting drafting reports on delivery of executive courses for institutional partners
Skills & experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with diverse audiences. A natural networker, you will enjoy representing the organisation at events, getting to know the ins and outs of the organisation and be committed to continually nurturing relationships with both external and internal stakeholders. You will be digitally savvy and have proven experience working across all digital platforms. Ideally with a journalistic background, you will understand the significance of media relations and how to cultivate successful media stories.
Culture & benefits:
This is a unique opportunity to join a respected education institution that demonstrates values of inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity. An innovative leader in education, the organisation has an array of stories and activities that await to be cultivated and shared with an audience. This newly created role will see you working with an agile, passionate and innovative team in a convenient location close to public transport.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Renae Sullivan
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.