|Contact Name:||Samara Dela Roza|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2020 15:50|
- 0.8 – 1.0 FTE contract until June 2021 with likelihood of ongoing extensions.
- Broad role with general business management.
- Independent, community minded organisation.
About the company:
Rural Business Support (RBS) is a leading South Australian provider of programs that build financial and strategic capability, including the Rural Financial Counselling Service for the benefit of rural people and their communities in SA and NT. RBS work with primary producers to help them manage change, adjust to business challenges, improve profitability and plan for the future. To learn more about RBS and what they do, please visit https://www.ruralbusinesssupport.org.au/
About the role:
Ideally starting in the first week of July and reporting to the Business Manager, the Accountant will support and advise the part time Finance Officer (FO). The Accountant will assist the Business Manager with the provision of business support services to RBS’s multiple business units as well as support decision making with information provision to the Program Managers, Chief Executive, the Board and Board Committees.
- End of month reporting and variance analysis
- Program compliance reporting
- Procurement and management of facilities and resources
- Board paper preparation
- Assistance in preparation and analysis of budgets, forecasts, statutory returns, and project acquittals
- Support to the FO in accounting, payroll, and finance functions
- GL reconciliations and maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Support the Ag. Bureau of SA in accounts and board corporate governance
Skills & experience:
RBS’s ideal candidate will be driven to develop their general business management and accounting understanding, based on strong foundations of relevant experience and education. Advanced MS Excel and sophistication in its application will support the Accountant in their success as will the ability to manage competing deadlines. Outstanding communication skills are essential whilst favourable experience includes professional membership, experience of NFP and NGO accounting and understanding of a rural client base. The successful applicant will necessarily undertake a National Police Clearance.
Culture & benefits:
Onsite parking and enjoyment of a unique, suburban setting await, as do all associated tools of the trade. The successful Accountant will benefit from the small and supportive nature of the RBS team who enjoy reasonable flexibility and work-life balance. These down to earth professionals share the benevolent goal of helping those on the land advance their position to and beyond survival. Full salary sacrificing options are available. Please apply or enquire today to become a part of an organisation which makes our world a better place.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Samara Dela Roza
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.