Posted on 27/05/2021 by Jessica Renaglia
On Wednesday May 26 we hosted a workshop on Mental Wellbeing in the Workplace, presented by Entrée Training and Development Facilitator Briony Trotter.
It was great to see many people attend who were committed to providing better mental health support to their teams.
Can you believe that only 52% of Australians think their workplace is mentally healthy?*
It's important we consider these statistics at work and what we as leaders and colleagues can do to change it.
These are a few great takeaways from the day which is actionable for both employers and employees.
- Develop a workplace mental health strategy with an action plan and involve all levels of staff members. Beyond Blue offer how to guides and action plan templates to help develop your plan.
- Provide the option to organise an Employee Assistance Program.
- Develop an understanding of mental health conditions and know how to educate yourself about identifying these symptoms within yourself and others. Try this Wellbeing Plan to help you get started.
- Ask the question: are you okay and follow up with a conversation a few days later.
- Talk openly about mental health and be a champion in your workplace.
Finally, you can also organise mental health first aid training for a nominated member in your team, or even host a mental health workshop or training day like today.
If you are interested in organising a Training and Development day for your workplace around Mental Health with Entrée Recruitment, please contact us: https://bit.ly/3oQC03j
*As provided by the SA Mental Health Commission