TRAINER & ASSESSOR - CARPENTRY
|Job Title:||TRAINER & ASSESSOR - CARPENTRY|
|Contact Name:||Renae Sullivan|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2019 16:34|
- CBD location
- Permanent full-time position
- Focus on student support and quality education
About the company:
Macallan College, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), was established to provide high quality training using methods which are contemporary in their delivery. Their focus is always on the learner and they offer holistic support to their student cohort, who are recent migrants, to ensure they excel in their transition to living in Australia.
With campuses across Australia including Perth, Brisbane and Sydney, Macallan College is going through an exciting period of growth as they expand their operations in Adelaide. The Adelaide campus is conveniently located on Grenfell Street in the Adelaide CBD.
Due to continued growth, Macallan College is seeking a motivated carpentry professional to train and assess the following qualification on a full-time basis:
- Certificate III in Carpentry
About the role:
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about carpentry and want to share your experiences to enhance students’ skills and knowledge through training.
- Delivering and assessing qualifications and units of competency, meeting training Standard requirements within aligned training packages
- Assist in the development of curriculum, training methods and resources and keep abreast of changes in the industry
- Student management and maintaining student progression notes
- Providing a positive learning environment with support and understanding for students
- Positively contributing to assessment validation and quality processes
The role requires a high degree of initiative and self-management, and requires someone who thrives in a high performing, outcome focused and principles-based environment.
Skills and experience:
- Certificate III or higher qualification
- Relevant/current industry experience and professional development
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Excellent time management, ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Ability to follow policies and procedures to ensure compliance standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Culture & benefits:
This is an opportunity to join an RTO genuinely committed to not only providing outstanding training, but also holistic support to ensure student success in everyday life as well as the workplace. With easy access to public transport, you will enjoy a positive work environment and be a key contributor to student satisfaction.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Renae Sullivan
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.