- Community based, not-for-profit Childcare Centre set in stunning surroundings.
- An opportunity to make a lasting impact in an early years setting.
- Close knit, supportive team.
About the company:
Kangaroo Island Children’s Services (KICS) is committed to providing quality care and education in a unique community setting. Inspired by the Reggio Emilia principles, their philosophy centres around fostering children’s capability and competence through a play-based curriculum. The stunning natural surrounding offers the children unique opportunities to connect with nature and community.
About the role:
As the Site Assistant Director in Penneshaw you will oversee the day to day running of the Centre whilst implementing relevant industry standards and frameworks. Your uplifting and energetic approach will assist you to lead the team of Educators in providing engaging and inspiring routines and curriculum. Your nurturing, calm manner and ability to form respectful relationships with young children will complement your strong relationship building skills with both families at the Centre and the wider community of the island. This role is 3 days per week (Mon, Wed, Fri) at the Penneshaw site and 2 days per week in Kingscote (Tues, Thu).
Skills & experience:
- An ability to effectively problem solve and remain calm under pressure
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and relationships
- A passion for Early Years education and engaging with the local community
- Leadership capabilities
- Knowledge of the Circle of Security Program is advantageous
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, AQF Advanced Diploma or relevant Early Childhood Education Qualification
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Current RRHAN-EC Certificate
- Current drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Strong understanding of Regulation/Legislation, plus Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
Culture & benefits:
An opportunity to work in collaboration with the management team whilst autonomously providing leadership and guidance at the Penneshaw site. Work with others who are fully committed and engaged to children’s learning and development. Kangaroo Island prides itself on its close-knit community that has banded together in its recovery from the recent bushfires and throughout COVID. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of that team and contribute to the regeneration of the island.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be addressed to Bec Bailey quoting reference number JO-2106-4889. Telephone enquiries are welcome on 8100 8879. To apply, please click the 'Apply' button.