Senior Finance Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Officer|
|Contact Name:||Renae Sullivan|
|Job Published:||December 08, 2020 10:07|
- 9 month maternity leave contract – disability sector.
- Gain valuable experience in a pivotal, growing industry.
- CBD location with parking options or easy public transport access.
About the company:
Barkuma is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of supports for people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has worked alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community. Barkuma provides services to over 800 people, making it one of the leading disability organisations in South Australia.
Due to maternity leave, Barkuma is seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Finance Officer to join their close-knit team at their Adelaide CBD office for the next 9 months through until end of August 2021.
About the role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the Finance Officer, you will provide assistance for the financial management and administration of the organisation. Duties will include:
- Oversight of all financial reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance
- Collation of financial data from different operating divisions, including allocation of interdivision overheads
- End of month and end of year finance functions
- Cash management, including checking and authorising payments, bank reconciliations, term deposits and investments
- Asset and fleet management
- Assisting with monthly financial reporting and analysis of KPIs and variances
- Assisting with budget preparation and re-forecasting
- Ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance (ATO, BAS, Workers Compensation, FBT and ACNC)
- Responding to queries from internal and external customers
- Other administrative and financial tasks as required
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in performing similar accounting role with a high level of accuracy
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance
- Experience working in a not for profit organisation will be highly regarded
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- An analytical mindset with the ability to identify errors or problems and recommend or implement solutions
- Confident communication skills with an ability to build rapport with stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (including vLookup and pivot tables)
The successful candidate will require a DHS disability clearance (or be willing to obtain).
Culture & benefits:
This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the pivotal and growing disability sector. Enjoy being part of a committed and cohesive team, benefiting from flexible working conditions, a central office location and 5 weeks’ annual leave (on a pro rata basis). Your experience and motivated attitude will be rewarded with a generous remuneration as well as full salary sacrifice options (up to $15,900 tax free).
Applications in Microsoft Word only (including cover letter addressing skills & experience) should be forwarded to Renae Sullivan, Entrée Recruitment
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's