- Respected global research university - full time role.
- Dynamic small team environment with inclusive culture.
- Convenient CBD location close to public transport.
About the company:
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university and stands among the world's most renowned educational institutions. Established in 1900 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon has been a birthplace of innovation and is a global leader in bringing ground-breaking ideas to market and creating successful start-up businesses.
At the invitation of the South Australian Government, Carnegie Mellon University opened its campus in Adelaide in 2006. It was the first international university to establish a campus in Australia. Carnegie Mellon's Adelaide campus is home to students from over 20 countries, integrally linked to its US campus in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and other campuses in Silicon Valley, CMU Qatar (Doha), and CMU Africa (Kigali, Rwanda).
The University is currently seeking a dynamic full-time Personal Assistant to undertake the important role of supporting the Head of the University.
About the role:
This is a unique role that will suit an up and comer ready for the next step in their career. On a day-to-day-basis, you will be responsible for efficient administration support to the Head of the University and act as the first point of contact for both inwards and outwards communication, meaning using one's judgement and making effective communication regarding matters arising. You will demonstrate flexibility in the face of change and be able to manage multiple conflicting priorities in this fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Assistant duties including diary and travel arrangements, financial record-keeping and general administrative support
- Production of letters, emails, reports and presentations
- Coordinating and attending meetings; taking minutes
- Monitor the implementation of action items agreed in management and staff meetings and reporting status and progress to the Head
- Preparation and minute taking for CMU-Advisory Board and Academic Advisory Board meetings
- Arranging visits of special guests such as Federal and State government officials, private sector notables, CMU Pittsburgh visitors, and others
- Supporting conduct of executive education training programs and other tasks as may be assigned by the Head.
Skills & experience:
To be suitable for this role you will need to have tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated extensive administrative management experience, knowledge and skills in providing executive support to a senior manager in a diverse and complex organisation. This means you can demonstrate highly effective written and verbal communication skills that must deal with a variety of relationships.
Your excellent organisational skills will effectively manage information flow, meet deadlines, prioritise competing demands, set up events, manage logistics and people, and to be able to act on one's initiative. With a natural ability to proactively anticipate your manager’s needs, what will be most important is your mature mindset and ability to rapidly gain an insight into the modus operandi of your manager. You will also possess advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Culture & benefits:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who will thrive in a diverse, fast paced role where no two days will be the same. Working for a respected education institution that demonstrates values of inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity, you will join an agile, passionate and innovative team in a convenient location close to public transport.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Renae Sullivan or Bec Bailey by clicking the 'Apply' button below quoting reference number JO-2106-4583. Telephone enquiries are welcome on 08 8100 8804