|Job Title:||Payroll Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Slaven|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2020 16:38|
- 4 month fixed term with view to permanency.
- Collaborative, service focused team environment.
- City fringe location with on-site parking.
About the Company:
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia is a national employers’ organisation with over 90 years of experience representing and promoting the value of community pharmacy in the Australian health care system. The Guild’s mission is to enable and sustain community pharmacy as a key element of Australia’s primary health infrastructure through ongoing advocacy, continuous innovation and enduring business solutions. An opportunity now exists for a finance and administration professional to cover a maternity leave contract.
About the role:
Reporting to the Payroll Services Manager, this role provides a payroll service to clients in both the Community Pharmacy and allied health industries nationally. With a new system implementation underway (to Preceda), this role will not only provide day-to-day payroll services, but will also play an integral part in providing guidance with the implementation.
Initially as a 4 month contract to cover leave within the team, this role has the capacity to become an ongoing role for the right candidate in a 2IC role to the wider team.
- Ensure salaries & wages are paid on time and meet the requirements of all Government regulations and awards
- Calculate and compile salaries and wages on a fortnightly basis
- Provide payroll reports as required by the Payroll client
- Monitor annual, personal, and long service leave entitlements and pay accordingly
- Maintain a reasonable knowledge of industrial regulations governing the pharmacy industry and maintain a good knowledge of awards and interpretations
- Liaise with clients and their staff regarding any payroll issues
- Provide expertise and advise to team during new system (Preceda) implementation
Skills and Experience:
- End-to-end payroll delivery within a medium to large organisation or similar bureau environment
- Sound working knowledge of Preceda Payroll
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Service focused approach with the interpersonal skills to build effective relationships and provide advice to a wide range of clients
Culture and Benefits:
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia have modern offices on the city fringe, flexible working hours and on-site parking. They boast an enviable culture while adhering to their core values including Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Community, Equity and Fairness, and Reliability. You will also enjoy the benefits of an employee assistance program and an inclusive team environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's