- Not for profit organisation.
- Full time position.
- Plan and execute critical projects.
About the company:
Common Equity Housing SA Ltd (Common Equity) is a South Australian not-for-profit organisation providing community housing through directly managed tenancies and housing co-ops. Its purpose is to support housing co-ops and enable them to flourish by providing services across administration, finance and asset tenancy management, regulatory compliance, and advocacy and education. Common Equity’s vision is to continue to actively grow, evolve and empower community housing in South Australia, and an opportunity now exists for an experienced Operations Manager to join their close-knit team.
About the role:
Reporting to the CEO, this full-time position will see you focus on strong business development and growth strategies and providing support for our member organisations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing business cases, project plans and managing property redevelopment projects
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and potential members, the board and industry partners
- Identifying and executing process improvement strategies
- Managing the regulatory and compliance obligations
- Providing advice to tenants as well as education and training services within member organisations
- Developing board papers including research, cost/benefit analysis and action plans for business improvement
- Managing the daily operations of the business
Skills & experience:
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have experience working within the community housing industry and be self-motivated to create positive outcomes for Common Equity. As a natural problem solver, you will work both autonomously and within a team to create different projects to promote business development and growth. You will have excellent customer service and communication skills and be able to connect with stakeholders at all levels, from members/tenants to board members and industry partners. Experience working in a similar role within a small organisation is desirable.
Culture & benefits:
Working for Common Equity means you will be part of a team who have a strong passion for helping people and the community. Staff well-being and office culture is of vital importance at Common Equity Housing SA, and as an employee you will be entitled to a well-being allowance, team bonding experiences, and multiple structures and processes focused around teamwork and staff welfare. This team work hard and look out for one another whilst still having fun.