Health & Safety Advisor - Olympic Dam FIFO
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Advisor - Olympic Dam FIFO|
|Contact Name:||Samara Dela Roza|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2020 14:30|
- 4 – 8 week temporary contract.
- Immediate start.
- 2 weeks on, 1 week off.
About the company:
Based on-site at Olympic Dam, Roxby Downs, the Health & Safety (HS) Advisor (as an employee of Entrée Recruitment) will undertake operations for a leading environmental containment specialist. This national operator specialises in providing clients with complete containment solutions with in-house capability and equipment to deliver earthworks, civil construction, project management, and geomembrane supply and installation.
About the role:
The successful HS Advisor will provide continuous HS education and support for the site with a focus on the safety management system and training program, and HS database targets. The HS Advisor will undertake a 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster comprising of 6am – 6pm working days.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Achieving a workplace free from incidents, discrimination and harassment
- Drafting, reviewing and implementing hazard identification, operational risk assessments, SWMS, and HS procedures
- Managing the HS database to ensure the site is compliant with policies and statutory HS obligations
- Implementing training and education programs
- Investigations, root causes analyses, and continuous improvement
- Managing the HS risk register
- Completing internal HS audits
- Briefing staff, contractors and visitors regarding their HS obligations and HS policies
- Seeking opportunities to implement HS improvement initiatives
Skills & experience:
Essential to the position is a strong working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Legislation and the harmonisation legislation, Australian Standards, and Industry Codes of Practice. This role operates autonomously; this person needs to be confident in self-direction and able to make sound independent judgements.
We also seek:
- Current South Australian residency
- A medical clearance from within the last 6 months
- A Certificate IV in WHS
- Drug & Alcohol testing qualification
- Risk Management, JSA, SWMS Risk Assessment knowledge
- Incident Investigation experience
Culture & benefits:
We are able to offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible for the right candidate. This host employer proudly boasts a team of positive, proactive people and will welcome you as one of their own.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Samara Dela Roza
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's