- Strong customer focus.
- Contribute to a worthwhile program.
- 0.8 FTE role.
About the company:
Established in 1997 and an initiative of Greyhound Racing SA, the Greyhounds As Pets SA (GAP SA) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to finding homes for both retired and non-racing greyhounds, as well as educating the public about the gentle nature of the breed. Due to growth, they are now seeking a Foster and Adoption Officer to join their passionate and dedicated team, located 10kms north of the city at Angle Park.
About the role:
The Foster & Adoption Officer’s main role is to find homes for both retired and non-racing greyhounds whilst educating the public in relation to the benefits of adopting a Greyhound. The core responsibilities are ensuring that the fostering and adoption process is followed, as well as maintaining relationships with foster carers and adopters through on-going written and verbal communication.
- Deal directly with the general public to assist with enquiries
- Coordinate movement of greyhounds between trainers, foster homes, adopters, and veterinary appointments
- Maintain regular weekly contact with foster carers, conduct foster handovers and adoptions of greyhounds, and assist the GAP Project Officer with the organisation of GAP adoption days and events
- Assisting with monitoring and developing foster care programs to promote foster engagement and maximise outcomes
- Conduct first point assessments to test the suitability of dogs for the Program
- Investing in improving knowledge through training opportunities and personal career development
- Ensuring that all documented processes are followed throughout the foster to adoption lifecycle
- Attending community events as reasonably requested to do so
- Assisting in the provision of out of hours on call assistance for foster carers and adopters
Skills & experience:
You will have demonstrated experience working in a customer service or sales environment and be able to contribute to the exponential growth of various social media platforms through creative content delivery. Personally, you will have the natural ability to engage and build relationships both internally and externally and have a strong focus and confidence in stakeholder management. A background of, or experience in animal behaviour or science is favourable although not essential. You will have the capacity to travel when necessary and be willing to work out of hours when required.
Culture & benefits:
Join an organisation with a strong drive around developing a positive working culture, whilst you support a worthwhile and rewarding program that continues to grow and achieve positive outcomes year on year.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Briony Trotter Quoting reference number JO-1908-2429. Telephone enquiries are welcome on 8100 8809.