- Full time position.
- Central location.
- Not for profit organisation.
About the company:
Common Equity Housing SA Ltd (Common Equity) is a South Australian not-for-profit organisation providing community housing through directly managed tenancies and housing co-ops. Their purpose is to support and enable housing co-ops to flourish by providing services across administrative, finance and asset tenancy management, regulatory compliance, and advocacy and education. Common Equity’s vision is to continue to actively grow, evolve and empower communities in South Australia and an opportunity now exists for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their close-knit team.
About the role:
Working full-time, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for providing financial services to Common Equity and associated member organisations. As a leader in the team, you will champion continuous improvement by streamlining processes and supporting exceptional service delivery.
- Managing the financial operations of Common Equity, including financial reports
- Supporting member organisations by managing the day to day financial transactions, providing monthly and EOFY reports
- Developing financial models and analysis to support the business and development opportunities
- Performing annual budgeting, end of year auditing and forecasting
- Completing financial compliance and regulatory analysis and reports
- Undertaking bank reconciliations, monthly financial statements, quarterly BAS and payroll
- Issuing invoices and receiving payments on behalf of Common Equity and their 11 member organisations
Skills & experience:
You will be an experienced Accountant with CA or CPA qualifications who enjoys working on projects and using your initiative to solve problems. With the ability to work autonomously and approach your work with a can-do attitude, you will utilise your high attention to detail in all aspects of your role. As a self-motivated team player with previous experience in a similar role, you will have the organisational skills to meet deadlines and achieve positive outcomes for the business.
Culture & benefits:
Working for Common Equity Housing SA means you will be part of a team who have a strong passion for helping people and the community. Staff wellbeing and office culture is of vital importance at Common Equity Housing SA, and as an employee you will be entitled to a wellbeing allowance, team bonding experiences, and multiple structures and processes focused around teamwork and staff welfare. This team work hard and look out for one another whilst still having fun.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Penelope Debrowski
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button below.