|Job Title:||FINANCE OFFICER|
|Contact Name:||Renae Sullivan|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2020 14:13|
- Welcoming and supportive not for profit environment.
- CBD location with parking options or easy public transport access.
- Attractive salary, salary packaging and 5 weeks’ leave.
About the company:
Barkuma is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of supports for people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has worked alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community. Barkuma provides services to over 800 people, making it one of the leading disability organisations in South Australia.
Due to an internal promotion, Barkuma is seeking an experienced and proactive Finance Officer to join their close-knit team at their Adelaide CBD office.
About the role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the Senior Finance Officer, you will be responsible for assisting with the financial management and administration of the organisation. Duties will include:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Claiming of funds from the NDIS portal
- Credit cards, petty cash and wage subsidies management
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and other accounts relative to role
- Assisting in preparing monthly financial reporting / analysis of KPIs and variances
- Assisting with budget preparation and re-forecasting
- Process and systems improvement
- Other administrative and financial tasks as required
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in performing Accounts Payable / Receivable with a high level of accuracy
- Relevant qualifications and experience with the NDIS will be highly regarded
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify problems and recommend or implement solutions
- Confident communication skills with an ability to build rapport with stakeholders
- Computer literacy with intermediate Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate will require a current driver’s license and DHS disability clearances (or be willing to obtain).
Culture & benefits:
Enjoy being part of a committed and cohesive team, benefiting from flexible working conditions, a central office location and 5 weeks’ annual leave. Your experience and motivated attitude will be rewarded with a generous remuneration as well as full salary sacrifice options (up to $15,900 tax free). Your ideas for process improvements will be heard and you will become a valued and integral part of an organisation devoted to making a difference.