|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Renae Sullivan|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2021 10:55|
- Successful not-for-profit disability organisation
- Generous salary packaging & 5 weeks annual leave
- CBD location with parking options or easy public transport access
About the company
Barkuma is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of supports for people with disability. For over 50 years, Barkuma has worked alongside people with disability to find rewarding jobs, learn new skills, explore their talents, and be included in the community. Barkuma provides services to over 800 people, making it one of the leading disability organisations in South Australia.
Due to an internal promotion, Barkuma is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their passionate team.
About the role
Reporting to the Strategic Finance Manager and Executive Manager Corporate Services, you will be responsible for operational financial management of the organisation. This is a collaborative role where you will work closely with senior managers, different operating divisions and other internal and external stakeholders to provide monitoring, analyses and reporting to assist for future planning and decision making.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing leadership, support and guidance to finance staff (2+ direct reports)
- Oversight of day to day financial operations
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Oversight of monthly and end of year financial functions, including KPI reporting and variance analysis
- Engaging with managers to ensure understanding of financial reports, budgets and forecasts
- Cash flow management
- Oversight of asset register
- Financial management of Funding Grant Agreements
- Preparation of costing models across services
- Preparation of statutory returns (eg: ATO, ReturnToWork)
A full position description is available upon request.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance
- Experience in the management of financial operations of a similar size organization
- Experience in management reporting (including variance analysis/KPIs)
- Experience working in a not for profit disability and/or aged care sector
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (including vLookup and pivot tables)
- Ability to lead and develop a diverse team and act as an active of member of leadership
The successful candidate will require an NDIS Worker screening clearance or DHS disability clearance (or be willing to obtain), along with a Working with Children Clearance and Child Safe certificate, as well as a South Australian drivers licence (to travel to all sites as required).
Culture & benefits
This is an opportunity to join a successful organisation in the growing disability sector. Enjoy being part of a committed and passionate team, benefiting from flexible working conditions, a central and modern office location and 5 weeks’ annual leave. On offer is a generous remuneration as well as full salary sacrifice options (up to $18,550 tax free).
Applications in Microsoft Word only (including cover letter addressing skills & experience) should be forwarded to Renae Sullivan, Entrée Recruitment
Quoting reference number JO-2103-4311
Telephone enquiries are welcome on 08 8100 8804
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's