- Integral role within a growing business.
- Leading a small team.
- Health insurance sector.
About the Company:
Police Health Limited is a not-for profit, member focussed, private health insurer operating nationally and with a history stretching back to 1935. Our purpose is to be a trusted partner in providing peace of mind and support for the health and wellbeing of our Police and Emergency Services communities. We do this by providing high quality, good value private health insurance products and services exclusively to those communities through our two brands. As a member-based health fund, we value members over profits. In delivering a member focussed experience we rely on our employees to be passionate about what we do. Located in a beautifully renovated historic landmark building in King William Street, we now employ over 60 staff and service over 65,000 members.
About the role:
Police Health are seeking a dynamic and focused candidate to lead a small claims department of nine people that provides claims assessment services and advice through various communication channels. Reporting directly to the Customer Service Manager, the Claims Team Leader is responsible for team leadership, ensuring both quality and service levels are delivered, and all work complies with regulatory and compliance requirements. Additionally, you will be required to interact and collaborate across the business to ensure the team are providing exceptional service levels to our members.
- Lead team in the delivery of outcomes
- Promote a work environment that encourages staff efficiencies and effectiveness
- Implement performance and development plans
- Perform quality assurance activities
- Ensure claims and enquiries are processed accurately
- Ensure complex enquiries are actioned appropriately
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience at a leadership level
- Understanding of health insurance and relevant legislation desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in coaching and developing team members
- Exemplary customer service
- High level of attention to detail
Culture & benefits:
A business that lives and breathes their values in all their interactions internally and externally, Police Health inspire their people and elevate their members which in turn enhances their performance. Extensive on-the-job training and an optional uniform will be provided, along with impressive staff benefits including a 50% subsidy on private health insurance and a monthly RDO. This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of members while being a part of a successful and growing national business based in SA. You can also enjoy a great work environment with a company that truly values people.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Joanna Slaven and Jemimah Hoad
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.