|Contact Name:||Renae Sullivan|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 14:59|
- CBD location with easy public transport access.
- Welcoming and supportive education environment.
- Full time 12 month contract with view to permanency.
About the company:
Established in 1880 and located in the Adelaide CBD, St Aloysius College is a Catholic girls College with a student population of around 1,300. The College has a proud tradition of academic excellence combined with exceptional student care and enjoys modern facilities such as well-equipped laboratories, library, computing centres, expressive arts and sporting areas.
It is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to support the Senior Accountant in ensuring the smooth financial operations of the College.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this is a pivotal hands-on role within a small finance team. Managing and supporting a diverse range of financial and administration tasks, primary responsibilities will include:
- General ledger reconciliations
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Asset register maintenance
- Creditor management
- Payroll processing (150 staff) and lodgement of superannuation and workers compensation
- Provide financial information and support to Canteen, Uniform Shop and OSHC
- Faculty spending reports and enquiries
- Assist Senior Accountant, Business Manager and other team members with general finance or administration tasks as required
Skills & experience:
To be successful in this role, you will hold qualifications in accounting complemented with strong, broad accounting experience working with multiple accounting packages. A stickler for accuracy and data integrity along with a resourceful and tenacious work ethic, you thrive on working closely and collaboratively with your colleagues. You hold warm and professional interpersonal and communication skills and have a passion for delivering quality work on time.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain a first aid certificate, mandatory reporting and Catholic education police check.
Culture & benefits:
Offering a welcoming and supportive environment in an attractive education setting, this is a rare opportunity to join an organisation with a strong sense of community where staff are highly valued and retention is second to none.
Applications in Microsoft Word only (including cover letter addressing skills & experience) should be forwarded to Renae Sullivan.
Email: Please click the 'Apply' button.