ACCOUNTANT - TEMPORARY
|Job Title:||ACCOUNTANT - TEMPORARY|
|Contact Name:||Samara Dela Roza|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 14:55|
- Potential temp to perm situation.
- Part-time position, 20 – 25hrs /week.
- Autonomy and diversity.
About the company:
Consulting from their private North Adelaide rooms, this well-established and respected, specialist medical practitioner requires a permanent, part-time, qualified accountant, to control all practice related finances as well as provide transparency and reporting on a range of personal investments, including both residential and commercial properties.
About the role:
As a result of a practice restructure as well as an expanding investment portfolio, the Doctor seeks a qualified Accountant whose primary responsibilities will be maintenance of transactional records in Xero, payroll administration, guidance provision to the administrator, and financial reporting. Liaison with the external accounting firm will be necessary as will close communication with property managers. The role will also call upon the Accountant’s understanding of property related finance and both business and personal taxation.
- Bank account and credit card reconciliations
- End to end Accounts Payable
- Monitoring debtors for properties and relevant communication with Managers
- Overseeing of practice Accounts Receivable
- Payroll administration, maintenance of employee records, calculate leave provisions
- Maintenance of entry allocations in accounting ledgers
- Assistance with banking transactions and deposits
- Assistance with cash flow planning, management and reporting
- Prepare regular management reports
- Management of the SMSF
- Research to ensure creditors rates are competitive and any necessary negotiation
- Assistance to prepare Activity Statements (BAS)
- Maintain tenancy schedules for residential, commercial and agricultural properties
- Preparation of property budgets and forecasts in liaison with the property managers
- Financial administration and correspondence
Skills & experience:
Relevant education as well as experience in Xero and general bookkeeping will be essential, and ideally applicants will be a registered tax agent and have a willingness to adapt to the financial management of property. This is a unique opportunity to become the financial right hand to a respected practitioner whilst reaping the rewards of true work-life balance. A current driver’s license and car along with police clearance are essential for this position.
Culture & benefits:
All the benefits of working for a successful and well-established practitioner apply here with the added benefit of broad exposure to finances beyond the limits of the practice: you will enjoy autonomy, ownership and responsibility. Broad business exposure including interactions with technical staff and external specialists will color your day as will external debtor and creditor communications. The opportunity to make a difference to the systems and better the running of this already highly successful practice and personal portfolio will appeal to the successful applicant.