PRIVACY & COLLECTION STATEMENT
Privacy Collection Notification & Consent to Electronic Transactions for candidates and on-hire temporary staff
This Privacy Collection Notification applies to Entree Recruitment (A Hender Business), Hender Consulting, Hender Contracting & Hender Careers. All references to “Entrée Recruitment”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this document are references to all businesses named above.
Protecting your privacy is important, Entree Recruitment understands that your personal information is important to you and is committed to protecting your privacy. Entree Recruitment is guided by the Australian Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988. Where appropriate, Entree Recruitment will handle personal information relying on the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in other legislation.
If you have objections to the Entree Recruitment Privacy Collection Notification, you should not access or use our website(s) and you should not send your resume or any other personal information to any Entree Recruitment business.
1. We will need to collect personal information about you
Personal information may range from the sensitive (e.g. relevant medical history or criminal history) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements.
We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities.
We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
2. Information we collect about you
Entree Recruitment generally collects some or all of the following personal information about you when you access our website, submit a resume for our consideration or when you are in contact with an Entree Recruitment representative including but not limited to :-
- your name (including any use of a pseudonym);
- your address and contact details;
- your employment history;
- your bank account details and Tax File Number;
- referee opinions;
- interview opinions; and
- any other information that you have supplied on your resume or in communications with an Entree Recruitment representative.
3. How we obtain your personal information
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example :-
- when you access our site;
- when you submit your resume to us; and
- each time you communicate with an Entree Recruitment representative (by phone, fax, email or in person).
We also collect some of your personal information from third parties including :-
- employment websites & apps;
- reference checks with referees; and
- networking with your peers.
4. Why we collect your personal information
Entree Recruitment collects personal information about you to carry out its business functions and fulfil its obligations to you, including in relation to :-
- determining if you are suitable for a position;
- contacting you if a position becomes available that you may be interested in;
- submitting your details to a client for a potential position;
- notifying clients of your skills and availability for any future positions;
- complying with government legislation (e.g. we collect your tax file number to complying with taxation and superannuation requirements);
- administration of payments to you, which may include the processing of sensitive information about you (e.g. sick leave);
- marketing activity;
- informing you of work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions;
- providing you with the opportunity to obtain benefits through direct marketing (however you will always be given an opt-out option in relation to further direct marketing).
5. Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored either in hardcopy or electronically. Entree Recruitment has security procedures in place to ensure the protection of your personal information. Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
6. Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Data (including personal data) may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers, and we may transfer data to countries outside of Australia, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of our country. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services, and/or to improve the products and services we offer you.
We will take reasonable measures to ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws, specifically the Australian Privacy Principles and that personal information remains protected to the standards described in this privacy collection statement. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access personal information.
7. Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to :-
- prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil positions. This may also include your buy rate if Entree Recruitment is operating under a preferred supplier agreement;
- staff of the departments responsible for administering the processes described above;
- partners or suppliers for the purpose of research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you;
- related body corporates and third parties for the administration and provision of selected benefits and services (e.g. training and superannuation).
- a person who seeks a reference about you;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our payroll services providers, IT contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be off shore;
- a parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
8. Legal requirements for personal information
In some circumstances Entree Recruitment may be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require Entree Recruitment to collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
9. How your personal information will be used
Your personal information may be used in connection with :-
- our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- the necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, CV, nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- our statutory compliance obligations;
- payroll functions;
- determining what (if any) fees may be payable by our clients in respect of your actual or potential work placements.
10.Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people including referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities, educational institutions, who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered.
If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
11. If you do not give us all or part of the information we need
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
12. How to access, correct or update your personal information
Entree Recruitment relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us. To the extent authorised by the Australian Privacy Act, and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by Entree Recruitment.
If you wish to request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Entree Recruitment, you should contact 08 8100 8877.
13. Security of your personal information
Entree Recruitment will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission we make our best effort to ensure its security.
In the event of a data breach, Entree Recruitment is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws. You can also play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site or Portal. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as contemplated by this Privacy Collection Notification.
15. Changes to our Privacy Collection Notification & Consent to Electronic Transactions
Entree Recruitment may vary this Privacy Collection Notification from time to time.
16. Privacy Inquiries and Requests
Please contact the 08 8100 8888 if you wish to :-
- report any relevant notifiable data breach you may become aware of;
- request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Entree Recruitment;
- inquire generally about your privacy rights and obligations;
- or make a complaint in relation to Entree Recruitment’s handling of your personal information.
Entrée Recruitment recognises employees, contractors, consultants, clients and the broader community may choose to express themselves and communicate online through social media platforms.
However, the internet is not an anonymous tool and there is a need to use good judgement about what material appears online and in what context.
This Code sets out expected standards of conduct when posting to our social media sites and outlines potential action we may take in response to posts from the community.
Entrée Recruitment will respectfully ask all users to honour the following guidelines when commenting on any social media channels (i.e.: Facebook, LinkedIn,Twitter):
- All posts will protect the privacy of individuals, organisations, associations and companies in adherence with privacy acts and laws
- Language should be polite and positive. Constructive criticism creates great conversation, but defamation of people, services, organisations, associations or companies will not be accepted
- Photographs or videos of Entrée Recruitment staff, clients or community members can only be posted with the express consent of the person(s) captured in the images
- All posts will adhere to anti-harassment and discrimination acts and laws. Racist, sexist, ageist or otherwise discriminatory language will not be tolerated
- No spam, flaming, flooding, advertisements or solicitations will be accepted
- All images and text posted will be adherent to trademark, privacy, copyright and other laws
- Comments should be relevant to the original post or topic when in a chain
- Any posts which advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activity will not be tolerated
Entrée Recruitment reserves the right to remove any post which breaches any one or more of these guidelines, irrespective of whether the offender is aware of these guidelines. Repeated failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in offenders being blocked and the removal of all comments by the user. Entrée Recruitment reserves the right to remove any participant from any social media group at their own discretion.
Employees of Entrée Recruitment (including casual staff) are reminded that they must notify Entrée Recruitment as soon as reasonably possible of any offer of employment made by a client of Entrée Recruitment, as per their Employment Contract. This includes any approach of employment made through social media channels.